Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Starting again with a bet

4 years ago, I was down to 190 pounds and could head out on a whim to do 10-12 miles.

Now, I'm at 230 and have started to put up some more volume lately. I've been hitting 4 miles a morning this week, prepping for running some races this year.

And I have some motivation.

4 years ago, I had lost 40 pounds running while my wife had put on 40 from pregnancy. She's knocked up again, so I'm once again trying to lose as much as she gains. We actually have a bet going. Unsure about the stakes, though. That will get ironed out at some point.

But anyway I'll be doing my darndest to keep a training log through Daily Mile and keeping my focus here.

So here's to this Clydesdale getting back into shape!

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about this. My husband and I bet all the time. It seems like something we'd do. I think I'd rather be in your wife's position though. She's got pregnancy and a bet as an excuse to eat that extra brownie! ;) No but in all seriousness, good for you to run this way. This is just the type of thing I was hoping to find tonight. Glad I did. Now I'll have to link back from my website www.runtolose.net

    ReplyDelete